Welcome to esure, the best place to be for a great career.
Our mission is simple: We aim to make esure a great place to work for our people and provide the very best service to our customers.See all our jobs
Life at esure
Our customers really matter to us and doing a great job for them is what esure is all about. We believe happy, motivated employees will do the right thing for our customers so we go the extra mile to make esure a great place to work. We encourage people to be themselves and thrive on giving them the opportunity to make a difference everyday.
esure are recruiting for 2 Finance Analyst’s to provide support to the Finance Business Partners, including production of routine financial reporting, financial MI & analysis and accompanying presentations. Support the production of annual budgets/plans and regular reforecasts. Be responsible for certain month close activities, including the accurate recording of expenses and analysis of variances to tight deadlines.
- Support Finance Business Partners in producing detailed annual budgets/plans and monthly reforecasts and provide analysis to monitor performance against those plans.
- Produce and consolidate monthly analysis for Heads of functions in order to understand how their function is performing against budget and forecast with variances identified and explained.
- Responsible for month close activities including monthly accruals and provisions, reconciliations, and preparation of monthly reports.
- Assist in the production of weekly and monthly Financial MI and KPIs including weekly new business sales analysis, flash forecasts and monthly premium analysis.
- Provide adhoc support to the Corporate Planning and Development team.
Senior Corporate Analyst
As a key member of the Corporate Analysis team you will use your knowledge and experience of the insurance industry to deliver analytical projects across all our brands, products and channels which improve business performance. You will also and provide guidance and support for Analysts and help improve the capabilities of the team.
• Drive business decisions through innovative use, interpretation and understanding of internal and external data.
• Recommend changes to prices and underwriting criteria to the pricing committee to help achieve volume and profit targets across all products, channels and brands.
• Provide analytical support on all brands, products and channels
• Develop and carry out tasks that support and direct the business strategy, such as risk modelling, demand modelling and loss ratio projections.
• Undertake analysis to monitor key aspects of business performance, such as conversion, retention, loss ratios, risk modelling and rate analysis.
• Provide analytical support to the business to ensure that the right pricing decisions are made and that a profitable book of business is written.
• Undertake ad-hoc project work as and when requested by other parts of the business ensuring that the results are communicated appropriately. The results provided will be used to help solve business problems and/or make strategic business decisions.
• To assist the Analysis Managers by supervising Corporate Analysts as and when required. The Senior Corporate Analyst will be responsible for the accuracy and relevance of the analysis carried out by the analysts under his/her supervision. He/she will also make sure that the results are communicated appropriately.
• The Senior Corporate Analyst will be the key point of contact for Corporate Analysts. He/she will offer them advice and guidance as and when needed (in the form of mentoring and training), as well as acting as a role model for Corporate Analysts to follow.
• Build risk and pricing models to improve the profitability of the business.
• Spot and investigate any unexpected movements in sales and claims statistics and analysing suggesting changes to help improve sales and claims performance.
• Suggest and implement changes to prices which improve loss ratios, average premiums and/or conversion rates.
• Supervising Corporate Analysts on a project-by-project basis, checking accuracy of data manipulation and helping to interpret the results and to communicate those results to the Analysis Manager and/or internal customers.
• Interpret analysis results and communicate results and recommendations to the Analysis Manager and key decision makers from across the business, as appropriate, with minimal supervision.
Head of Retail (Home)
Reporting to the Retail Director as part of the Retail Leadership team with accountability for the strategic design, development and implementation of the specific product line, ensuring close alignment with the wider business (in particular, U/W, Pricing, Operations, Finance & Claims) to increase and maximise their specific product revenue, promoting their product ( s) throughout the customer lifecycle. Through aggregator, web and phone channels, achieve revenue and contribution targets and support all Retail plans to maximise the wider growth and total contribution to esure Group profit.
- Working with the Retail Director in the achievement of Retail Revenue and P&L targets as set by the Board.
- Responsible for producing plans and reporting, highlighting progress against target and future projections, both of which are communicated to the Op Exec, Group Exec and Board as appropriate.
- Drive for results focus, ensuring both projects and target numbers are met to deliver immediate and future targets.
- Production, development & maintenance of cross functional plans and reporting for their specific area, focused on both the in year and future year views.
- Provide analysis to support decision making and where needed producing MI to support logic.
- Lead cross-functional meetings, with a high level of stakeholder engagement to drive their areas and Retails delivery performance.
- Conduct regular competitor reviews.
- Design and develop Product strategy to achieve revenue targets supported by implementation plans, making changes as required through agreed governance and compliance processes , justified and commercial rationale, such as external benchmarking and internal performance analysis, and ensuring appropriate communications are in place and key stakeholders engaged.
- Accountable to the Retail Director for the management and performance of the specific product line against agreed targets through the production of reports and analysis showing results against targets and plans, attendance and contribution at steering group meetings and deputising for the Retail Director as required.
- Work across the Retail Team and other business areas to ensure full potential of product lines through appropriate channels and alignment to overall esure strategic plans, operational capability, external brand and sales delivery.
- Accountable for the development of new Product and propositions though undertaking market and competitor research, assessing the competitiveness and potential contribution to revenue
- Accountable for the successful implementation, delivery and future management of new products through cross departmental and functional working and continued performance management of these products against revenue targets.
- Responsible for the planning and creation of reporting requirements and the ongoing reporting and analysis of the agreed products by working with other esure functions to enable data interrogation, analysis, segmentations and an agreed Change control is in place.
- Accountable for working with the Operational Team to agree an inbound and outbound product revenue plan that has a focus on increased and growing contribution.
- Continually optimise on line conversation rate through influencing marketing input, thorough and proven journey test against agreed outputs, regular competitor reviews and reacting to changes as a result of this activity, assessing the impact from new products on current products, ensuring appropriate Operations communications are produced.
We are can-do, supportive, straightforward and transparent. We are esure
esure is a UK based personal lines insurer. We employ around 2000 people across four offices and our brands alongside esure include Sheilas Wheels and Gocompare. This website tells you all you need to know about what its like to work at esure and what makes us and our culture special. You can find out more about which roles we have available and also hear from some of our people about working for us.Find out more